What is Autism
Autism Spectrum Disorder(ASD)is a group of complex disorders of brain development with individuals having difficulties in but not limited to communication, Social skills and repetitive behaviors.
Some common signs for Autism
- Poor Eye Contact
- Repetitive behavior (Eg : Rocking Back and Forth, Hand Flapping, Running in Circles, Arranging Toys in Line,etc)
- Tendency to Isolate Self and Disinterest in Social interaction
- Communication Difficulties
- Talking to One Self(Echolalia)
- Emotional Outburst( Eg : Crying, Laughing, Hitting)
- Difficulties in playing with toys in the appropriate manner
- Any decrease in skills that your child has once demonstrated
Is Autism Curable
No, all over the world it has been found out so far that there is no Cure for Autism. But with early intervention there is a huge possibility to main stream the child. Early intervention should be given below 5 yrs. If a baby shows symptoms of autism, training can be started when the baby is 6 months old.
Age limit for Intervention
There is no age restriction for training. It is never too late to start ABA therapy. But Failure to give proper training will lead to other problem behaviors like crying, Tantrums, Self-injurious Behavior (SIB) etc